Thursday, October 14, 2010

My 19th was a BLAST!

Spending my 19th at MBS with my family and friends was definitely a BLAST! Realising, I'm already spending my last year as a TEEN. Going 20 in a year's time. Look at how fast time flies..


Looking all familiar to you.. 



I'm sure all of you must be wondering what's with the mask on my face.
Well.. Like I've said, I've got great friends around me and they actually planned a surprise for me on my 19th!

Shimin told me to meet her at 5pm for a Birthday dinner in town. However, we pushed our timing a little back as we couldn't make it in time.. Joyce text me and asked if I'm free to accompany her in town as she had some free time to spent before meeting up with her family for dinner! And so, I met her first, and Shimin came to join us right after she reached town!

We walked around, went to Daiso and we spot so many cute little things! All of us bought the same water bottle! Bought one for Fangeng too! Hehe. Joyce left us at 7pm to meet her family members and Shimin told me that we'll be meeting Ivan and Eugene! And that, we'll be going elsewhere for dinner! Off we went to the carpark to meet them! (:

Immediately, I got blind folded by this pretty mask. Couldn't see a thing at all.. However, I knew that there's more than just the four of us.. My sixth sense! HAHA! Feeling curious, I started fidgeting around, making funny faces and actions, because I wanted them to laugh out and recognise them through their laughters.

I was that irritating. So irritating that they gave up on me and allowed me to take off the blindfold.. It was then when I saw Joyce and Sheryl in the car as well! I was utterly shocked! And surprised as well ! Somehow or rather, I guessed that Joyce was in the car because I heard her laughters. HAHAHA! But I never expect Sheryl to be inside as well ! Can't deny that they are really good at planning things!

I had my blindfold on after because I didn't want to disappoint them and spoil their plan.. And I came out of the car like that.. I didn't know where exactly I was yet.



Photo taking time with me, pretty mask and friends.  Here's SHERYL! (:


All of you know, Shimin! (: She's the organizer of this whole birthday party! Kudos to her!!

And after all the photo taking, I was allowed to take off my pretty mask! I was feeling all excited to take it off!
The moment I removed, I saw Emeline! HAHAHA! One of my Secondary school's bestie! I was even more shocked than before! Because I haven't seen her for a few years, and neither have we been catching up.. And of course, I saw that I was in Marina Bay Sands! Jumping for joy right then! Felt so blessed at that moment.

They walked me up to the room.. Tower 1, Level 49, Room 78! (:
4978. Should have bought 4D!! HAHA!







King Size Bed for us for the night! Super comfy! Wish I had one like this at home! 

The area where we had our chit-chats and drinks! 



Spacious bathroom over there! Awww, so pampered! 






And I was greeted with a table filled with finger foods and not forgetting, my 19th Birthday Cake! Mad love! Thanks to Ivan and Eugene for decorating this up! Don't you agree with me that they did a fabulous job?




They started singing the birthday song for me, followed by the usual which is to make my wishes! Felt so shy when they started singing the birthday song for me. Hahaha! It has been like that since young. Do you all feel the same too?


Blow blow blow! They bought the magical candles for me so that I'll have difficulties blowing the candles off. I saw that coming! Haha! Fortunately, Ivan helped me with it in the end. I dared him to extinguish the fire with his fingers and he really did that! OMG!


YAY! Cake cutting time! Finally!! (:


JOYCE DARLING!! Remember clearly how hard we laughed, mugged, cried and all during secondary school days! So much fun that I'm missing them so much! 


EMELINE DEAR! Was really surprised that you actually came down to my party! Thank you so much! We should meet up soon and catch up more! (:  


SECONDARY SCHOOL BESTIES! Love you girls! 


SHERYL, THE CUTIE PIEEE! 


EUGENE! Always offering the fetch us for dinner/supper! And filled with nonsense too. Hahaha! 


Loggerhead, IVAN! Never fail to debate with me whenever we meet up. 


SHIMIN! The organizer for this party! Kudos to her!! 


I knew there would be something coming up! Maybe the traditional cake smashing? They cornered me to the toilet and I knew something wasn't right. And I went, " I'm in WHITE dress, please don't smash the cake on me! " Haha! Furthermore, this pretty piece of dress is a birthday gift from Sheryl!

Remember, wear WHITE clothings during your birthdays to prevent from getting smashed by cakes! HAHA! Be smart!

Sad to say, my friends are smarter than me. They got me a set of pajamas for me to get changed into.. However, they promised that they'll not be any cake smashing! YAY! But look at what they have transformed me into!





Excited to see the outcome! 



Not done yet! They wanted me to give the china-doll look. Hence, they applied LOTS OF blusher on my cheeks! 


Emeline told me something really really shocking! And that explains my funny expression! Haha! Taken by Canon G11 which they told me, belongs to Joyce's brother.. 


FINAL OUTCOME! HIGH PONY TAILS WITH ROSY CHEEKS! OMGISH! 





Camwhored with Sheryl right after. Haha! OH SO ROSY CHEEKS!! 




As it was getting really late already, they passed me my present and I was asked to open in front of them.. Didn't dare to open due to some phobia from last year's party and I started shaking the present to see if it leads to any clues..


Trying to see if the wrapper is translucent enough for me to see through. Heh. Guess what I saw?! 


Canon G11 box! HAHA! CAMERAAAA! But they cheated! There wasn't any camera inside ): I look so weird in this picture, I don't know why.


Instead, the box was filled with lollipops! HAHA! Lollipops for my 19th! 



After an hour later or so, they passed me another present and again, I had to open. Haha! Hoping that it wasn't another prank!




HAHAHA! I didn't want to see!! 



Can't remember the reason why I laughed like that! HAHA! Was really appalled when I saw that it was the G11 because initially they told me that the camera belonged to Joyce's brother. However, that wasn't his but Shimin's. She got one for herself too! And here's MINE! Wooooo! 



MY NEW CAMERA! GOODBYE SAMSUNG ST550! 



Shimin and Sheryl took me down to MBS for a walk while Joyce and Emeline head home. Ivan and Eugene left for another friend's party after too. I was spontaneous enough and I wore the pajamas down! Yes, I walked down MBS Shoppes just like that. Of course, there were stares but just to make my girls happy and not spoil their plan, I went ahead with it.





It was quite empty already because it was already past midnight! Hence, the less crowd (: 


Love this! Wishing well? There were many people who were trying to throw coins down, hoping to aim at the small little hole right in the middle. 






What a beautiful night scenery! Look at how Singapore have developed. Such a beautiful nation. Really proud to be a Singaporean! 




Shimin couldn't resist the pajamas that she has got me! Kept snapping pictures of it. Thank god that they provided me with the belt or it will really look very much like a pajamas! With the belt, still not that bad right? HAHA! 





We headed back to the hotel and I got changed back into my dress before heading down to Helix Bridge for more photos!! (: Here's a photo collage that Shimin did for me! I thought her how to cropped and edit the photos in Photoshop and she did one for me as a present! So sweet!





No liquor yet, ONLY COKE! HAHA! 


And here we are at the Helix Bridge! I think it look better during the day! Looks so plain over here. 



The night view of MBS is really so attractive!! Thumbs up ! 


The shadows of the three of us!


As the weather wasn't that pleasing, we had to head back to the hotel already. Waited for Ivan to come back with our Bak Kut Teh supper! Karen, Noelle, Jamie and Cheek came to my party at 1am as well!



She fell in love with G11 the moment she saw it. HAHA. Started camwhoring, every girl's hobby!




Noelle, Cheek, ME, Karen, Jamie! Lovely girlfriends! 






And here is when all the FUN starts! We were separated into 2 groups.

1. Shimin, Karen, Jamie, Noelle, Cheek.
2. Sheryl, Ivan, Eugene, Rufred , Me.

We had games like 5-10, Directions, Chi Ko Pa and even Scissors Paper Stone! HAHA!
The loser team have to drink the whole glass of mixed champagne & wine!

My team won for the first time and for the ONLY time.
And we lost for the rest of the games. How sad right?! HAHAHA!




Noelle and Sheryl competiting. Rufred as the judge!
We played all the way till 7+ in the morning and slept at 8.30am after all the packing up of the room!


Woke up at 12pm and we went for swimming! LOVELY! Sheryl, Shimin and I got changed into our bikinis and we hit for the Skypark! (:





The staffs even posed for our camera! 




Sheryl & I ! 


Shimin & I ! 


MESSY HAIR! The wind was pretty strong! 









We wanted to use the Jacuzzi but we left earlier because Sheryl had to report to work! It wasn't ON, therefore, no bubbles! 


Got back to the hotel and we were quite in a rush because we had to bathe and all and Sheryl was already running late!

Something really unexpected happened. We were locked outside our rooms in our bikinis. Imagine, how cold were we then.. We called the reception and they asked us to go down to do the check-in again because they had our room check-out! How were we supposed to go down in our bikinis, dripping wet?

Shimin and I dried ourselves up and wore our shirt over and headed down to do the check in again. Sheryl rushed down to work right after she got changed, Shimin and I washed up and waited for my Mum and sisters' arrival as they are coming over to celebrate my 19th Birthday Part 2 with me! (:



They arrived at 3pm sharp and we headed down to Coffee Bean to have our tea break. The food there wasn't really that nice.. Went for some shopping after that. Mummy bought a necklace from Sheryl at Swarovski too! (:

Shimin left after that and I went for a swim AGAIN with Mummy and sisters! We had so much fun swimming up there! Missing those moments that we've spent there..

We swam for an hour or so and left for our rooms for our bath! Sara and I shared a room while Mummy and Sandee took another! We met again at around 9pm for dinner at Rise! (: Buffet costs $68++ per person if I did not remember wrongly.











SUMPTUOUS DINNER! They had a huge range of varieties for us to choose from! Although we didn't really ate a lot, but I think we were all satisfied with our meal!


We got back to our room around 11pm feeling extremely full! The four of us had our usual chit chat sessions and I told them that B will be coming later and all of them were so excited to meet him! Especially Sandee because Sara met him once when we watched World Cup together! (:

Sadly, he came at 11.45pm and Sandee was already asleep then! HAHA! She was pretty disappointed that we didn't wake her up. Was really delighted that he made an effort to come over.

Felt really guilty when I saw him because I didn't make it to the birthday party that he planned for me. He booked a room in MBS for my 19th Birthday as well and made many plans ):

Glad that he made it here and we managed to end it nicely! Double happiness!! (:



My iPad is more entertaining than me! HAHA!


His face looks so red in the photos here! And I thought he went to drink! But I was wrong, he actually went for swimming and suntanning earlier in the day which explains his reddish complexion.

Looking at our photos, I realise we have a huge contrast in complexion. He's so tanned and I'm so fair! Hehe. 

Really thankful to all my girlfriends and family members who made my 19th birthday an enjoyable one! You girls really kept the surprise well and it was really shocking to realise that I'm spending my 19th at MBS! Never expect to have such a huge celebration because I thought it wasn't an 18th or 21st!  Not forgetting, the G11 that you all have got me! Lovin' this precious present a lot! 

Love all of you, Xoxo! 




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did you get the blue bandage dress? (:

Anonymous said...

Where did you get the blue bandage dress? (:

STEFFI said...

Topshop dear! (: